At Cube International we recognise that the daily operations and activities of our business can impact upon the environment and that it is our responsibility to carry out a procurement policy. We are committed to minimising environmental impacts throughout our group of companies and create a safe working environment. The responsibility of our compliance is delivered to each branch of the company, including Cube Management, Cube Partnership, Cube Modular and the Women’s Sports Alliance.
Our group of companies has specific responsibilities within each division for policy development, co-ordination and evaluation of performance. As a whole, Cube International is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment by means of a programme of continual improvement, including:
- Identifying and complying with all environmental legislation and associated regulations relevant to our activities
- Using energy and water in a responsible and economic way to minimise negative impacts on the environment
- Avoiding, where reasonably practical, the use of environmentally damaging substances and materials and those harmful to human health
- Identifying significant environmental aspects of our activities and seeking continual improvement in our environmental performance
- Working with suppliers and contractors through a sustainable procurement strategy to improve sustainability performance
- Minimising the generation of waste. Choosing to re-use and recycle waste wherever possible and minimise waste to landfill
- Implementing travel plans for business and commuter travel that minimise environmental impact
- Promoting internal and external paperless communications
- Preventing damage to the environment resulting from the release of polluting substances.
In particular, given the nature of Cube’s business and our ISO20121 Sustainable Event Management Certification, this includes:
- Reducing the carbon footprint of event logistics
- Reducing waste associated with event and modular building branding
- Improving the efficiency of energy usage across all operations
- Increasing the use of environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-toxic, recycled materials in packaging and other products used
- Reducing, reusing and recycling waste and packaging
- Increasing the use of greener carriers/vehicles for sending out orders, where possible
- Partnering with licensees and brands who share their supply chain and champion fair trade, human rights, and sustainable sourcing
- Partnering with nominated charities to donate left-over apparel stock
- Providing a safe, healthy and respectful workplace
- Continuously reviewing and improving our aspects, objectives and targets relating to this policy.
By making sustainability an integral part of our strategy and operations, we aim to achieve long-term returns and generate a positive impact for society and the environment, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and the Paris Agreement. We look to make sustainability an integrated part of all our global business relationships and work closely with our suppliers and business partners to achieve long lasting impacts across our entire value chain.